‘Staches, Coins, Cadillacs: All things I enjoy that my wife makes fun of me for. (Apparently you have to be “old” to appreciate the fine things in life?)
Well, this site is dedicated to all those who love discussing the coin/currency hobby, whether young or opposite of. The only thing coins discriminate against is the size of our wallets! ;)
How I got started:
In the Summer of 2012, I came across a table set up at a flea market of someone peddling their wares. But these wares were different, and shinier, than the normal stuff you run into at these bargain fairs. They were old and used, yes, but to my delight they were round pieces of history spanning the last few centuries of this great country we live in. I took one look and the dollars just flew right out of my pocket!
I didn’t know it at the time, but that would mark the first day of my coin collecting adventure. And now here we are spending way too many hours looking at inanimate objects ;)
In the year(s) since:
- Ive started going to coin shows
- Learned how to correctly pronounce “numismatist” (a person who collects/studies coins)
- Told all my friends and family about the joys of coin collecting (they don’t care)
- Joined our local coin club (they DO care!)
- Subscribed to all the coin magazines (Coins and Coin World being my faves)
- Became a member of the American Numismatist Association
- Collected and traded away handfuls of coins
- And, now, created this blog.
Things you’ll find here:
- Thoughts and pictures of coins (duh)
- Thoughts and pictures of currency/paper money
- How I store and track my coins
- Awesome stuff I’ve found in circulation…
- Awesome stuff I’ve traded for or sold
- Highlights (and lowlights) of my personal collection
- Highlights of other peoples’ collections
- The history/news of coins and money I find to be fascinating
- Stuff for sale or trade, if you’re so inclined to participate
And pretty much anything else relating to the world of numismatics… I’m still fairly new to all this, so you’ll find me blogging about all kinds of different things that excite me at any given point in time. Stuff like old stock certificates, copies of old coin books (I recently picked up a 2nd ed. “Red Book!“), various ways to store your coins, and other loosely related items I come across. If it has to do with the world of money, I’ll probably be blogging about it at some point.
Favorites I like to collect:
- Old U.S. coins [1700s-1800s]
- Odd denominations (2¢, 3¢, 20¢)
- Old U.S. currency (I really want a $500 and $1,000 bill bad!)
- Some old foreign coins here and there – especially ornate/silver ones
- Anything else that’s all around awesome!
Other things to keep in mind:
- I love making trades, so if anything catches your eye on this site (and I own it), feel free to make me an offer! Most things are on the table, especially for the right deal/price ;)
- I have a library of coin/currency references you can use. If you have a coin or question about something you’ve come across, shoot me a note and I’ll look it up for you!
Lastly, I love getting email. Especially when it has to do with coins and not bills! You can ping me here anytime. I’m quite busy hustlin’ my other projects, but I’ll always respond as early as I can.
Hope you enjoy the site!
PS: To see what else I do online, click here: jmoney.biz