I’m now helping people inventory and sell their coin collections! I’ve been doing it for friends and family for just about 10 years now (mainly with inherited collections), and now looking to expand my services to all our friends here :)
I’ve liquidated over a dozen or so collections so far, and you can see the kind words people have sent me down below in the “testimonials” section.
If this is something that can help you, lemme know!
- 12 years as a coin and currency collector
- 10 years helping friends sell their collections, ranging from smaller ones ($100+) to larger ones ($10,000+) and in between ($5,000+)
- 12+ total collections inventoried and/or sold
- Lifetime member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA), the Virginia Numismatic Association (VNA), as well as my own local club
Services I offer:
- General advice. Have a coin, or pile of coins/currency, you need help determining if anything of value is there? I can quickly tell you!
- Creating a detailed inventory. I can provide you a detailed spreadsheet of what your collection contains, including all relevant data on each item in the collection: dates, denominations, “types”, grades, various values that apply (retail, bullion, market).
- Grading and valuing a collection. I use industry standards, and guides, along with my own personal experience to best gauge what each coin/currency is worth (with the main factors being rarity, grade, and overall collectability).
- Providing guidance and expectations along the way.
Set to whatever your end goals are for the collection.
- Selling, or dispersing, of a collection. After a full review of all inventory and goals, I can help with liquidating all, or parts, of a collection if requested. I also often purchase collections myself for a quick turn around.
I’m also happy, of course, to assist with only parts of this as well, such as just inventorying the coins for you or evaluating one-off coins or strategies.
If any of these services sound helpful to you, just shoot me a note or fill out this form below! You can see past testimonials below the form.
“This has been an awesome experience overall. The game plan you presented to start, the adjustments along the way, and then the final delivery worked perfectly for me. Thank you so much for handling this for me and my family. Your time, effort and guidance has been well worth the commission fee.” – F. Oettinger
“WOW!!! What an enormous amount of work on your part! You are AMAZING!!! We can’t begin to thank you for all your input and help with this…” – M. Callahan
“First off, thank you. You have been a life saver and we deeply appreciate your help. You have been super through this entire process and we appreciate everything you’ve done. I would recommend you and your services to anyone based on this. The fact that you are a friend helping me and my family out of a bind we had no idea how to handle is icing on the cake.” – A. Harrison
“I see from your work on this that it was inevitable that you would become some kind of money guru, as your spreadsheet reflects a very logical approach to the task at hand. Very impressive analysis that I was not expecting.” – P. Mitchell
“J. Money took the inventory spreadsheet we had, and added a bunch of calculations to estimate the total value of our silver coin collection based on the current market rate. He also identified some potential rare coins and “diamonds in the rough” for further investigation. Now we know the value of our collection and can decide when is the right time to liquidate.”
– Retire Before Dad
“Really glad I trusted J$ to liquidate my inherited coin collection. It was fun to look at, but I’m not into coins so I wanted to work with someone who really has a passion for them. From the minute I shipped the coins I knew I had made the right decision. He let me know they arrived, inventoried them so I’d understand the potential value of what I had and let me direct how to proceed. He kept in regular contact about how the sales were going and made reasonable suggestions during the process. He’s knowledgeable, professional and fun to deal with. I highly recommend!” – KT